But let me touch your soul of understanding, to move and tell you thus and thus. – Affirmation for INNER JOY by Tammy Narena, c. 1978
“Inner Joy”, The 9th Movement of Empath Stretch.
This bend down to the earth and scooping up to the sky is the massage of our spine, neck, and pituitary gland, stimulating and stretching, and helping your body produce loads of amazing hormones. We call this gesture “inner joy-aliveness” because it is key to so much.
The pituitary gland produces 9 different hormones that stimulate different areas of the body: the adrenals, the thyroid, the ovaries/testes, breasts, kidneys, uterus, and growth hormone for all the cells in the body. The pituitary gland also produces endorphins, your body’s natural pain-killers, as well as oxytocin, which is the “love hormone”.
Here in this simple movement, you are helping your body to deal with pain, to flush with the joy of love, and so much more. Located in the middle of the head, well sheltered at the base of the brain, the pituitary gland actually produces your inner joy and aliveness.
Why Are Back Problems So Prevalent Today?
We sit on chairs with backs, in cars with seats, and hardly carry anything anymore. Is it surprising that our backs get weak and vulnerable to injury?
In addition, there’s a few modern comestibles that are probably weakening or making brittle our bones, robbing the strength from them: flouride in toothpaste has been thought a culprit. And the lack of leafy greens and proliferation of sugars in our diets fills us without the necessary absorption of magnesium and iron.
Also, many people are deficient in Vitamin D, which has been shown to be causative of back pain (and supplementation to help!). But let’s get clear: lack of vitamin D is because we don’t get enough sunlight to be manufacturing our own within the body. How sad is that?
Empatharian Helps Five Ways
1. The stretch of the Inner Joy movement is particularly beneficial for strengthening the muscles of the spine, with a slow rolling movement that allows as deep a bend as is comfortable, and encourages relaxation with it’s wonderful affirmation.
2. The relaxation of the muscles allows them to lengthen and stretch more, brilliantly bringing life-giving circulation to all the cells up and down the spine.
3. As the arms raise to the top of the movement, and dip, you are generating seratonin, the body’s pain killing hormone.
4. Flushed with the enthusiasm of the thought, inner joy pervades your being. This creates an environment for wellness and cellular regeneration, re-building connections between tendon and bone, between bone and nerve, nerve and brain.
5. The diving and raising movement of the arms has the spine doing a full realignment, helping straighten the vertebrae, one on top of the other, helping prevent compressed discs.
The Ideal Movement for a Short Pause
While the whole 12 movement amalgamation is most ideal, if you just stand up and do the Inner Joy movement every hour or so, you will effectively prevent most back pain from occurring. If you have a desk job, this can be a life-saver. Literally.
Mentally, this movement affirms a beautiful result in your life. It’s about life being a process of up and down, and somehow the momentum of touching down, drives you up higher. This is your secret sauce, your J spot, and the momentum beautifully brings you to Wisdom, and being in touch with your own higher power, however you conceive of it.